Oversees the daily operations of Radiation Oncology which includes but not limited to oversight of patient scheduling, staff scheduling, budgeting, radiation safety in collaboration with Medical Physicist, physician relations, program development, equipment management, quality and process improvement initiatives. This position works with other oncology services and physician offices to assure well-coordinated, quality radiation oncology services. This position is responsible for scheduling, budget and financial accountability, integration of continuous quality improvement activities and customer relations. This position also has the key responsibility to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards for Radiation Oncology. Provides management coverage for other oncology managers during absences. This position will assist with direct patient care as needed.
RTT license required.
- BA/BS in healthcare related field required. Masters preferred.
- RTT license required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of radiation oncology equipment required.
- Experience with electronic medical record required.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs to create reports and communicate information to other stakeholders.
- Day to day operations of Radiation Oncology that includes patient scheduling, staffing plan and schedule, physician relations, quality and process improvement, equipment management ,and staff competencies and education.
- Administrative, budgets, schedules, vendor relations, supply chain, equipment review and budgeting, meetings.
- Reporting, QA, CQI, statistical, financial, budgetary, policy creation and administration, protocol creation and administration.
- Ancillary, assist with patient care, procedures, mentorship, staff education, support of other oncology sections.
Health Insurance is available to all full-time and part-time employees. CVPH utilizes a high deductible health insurance plan and may contribute to employees’ related Health Savings Accounts.
Dental Insurance may be purchased by employees with pre-tax dollars. The SEIU 1199 union offers an additional plan option for their members.
FLEXIBLE BENEFIT PLAN
The Flexible Benefit Plan is a program to help full and part-time employees defray the costs of health insurance premiums, qualified medical expenses and qualifying dependent (child or elder) care expenses. This Plan includes benefit dollars provided by the hospital, and an employee may make additional voluntary contributions to use for these costs.
CVPH provides Life Insurance (at 2x base compensation) and accidental death and dismemberment coverage for full and part-time employees. An employee may purchase supplemental life insurance for him/herself, spouse, children and/or grandchildren.
COMBINED TIME OFF
Paid time off includes vacation, personal, sick and holiday (8 per year) time. Available amounts and accrual rates vary by position and longevity at the hospital. Additional leave categories include bereavement and jury duty.
NYSNA union, management and non-union employees: CVPH contributes a defined contribution amount to a supplemental tax deferred annuity (a 403(b) program); these employees may contribute further to the 403(b) with CVPH matching the contribution up to a set limit.
SEIU 1199 union employees: employees may contribute to the 403(b) program, and CVPH contributes to the SEIU 1199 union pension on behalf of these employees.
There are a number of funding avenues for employees to use to help cover the cost of further education. Contact Learning & Development for more information.
Other CVPH Employee Benefits
- Discount on purchases at our onsite retail pharmacy, the Outpatient Pharmacy
- 25% discount in cafeteria when you swipe your employee badge
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- CVPH Credit Union located right off the main lobby: checking and savings accounts, auto and personal loans are available
- Employee Assistance Service: a confidential and free service providing assistance with a broad range of issues that may be affecting an employee’s life and work.
- Public Notaries are available onsite.
- Gift Shop, located off the main lobby
- Free onsite parking
- Numerous wellness programs through Occupational Health & Wellness, including onsite Weight Watchers, Zumba, Yoga, health-focused cafeteria menu options
- Nursing Moms Room
- Vendor discounts including Sam’s, Verizon, Dell, Whiteface Mountain (1-hour away), local movie theatre tickets, Six Flag’s Great Escape (1.5 hours away) and more
- Onsite shopping options through visiting retailers (jewelry, clothing, gifts, shoes, etc.)
- Hospital-arranged group trips for shopping, theatre, and concerts
About UVMHN – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
Trusted local care. A network of expertise.
Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital is part of The University of Vermont Health Network, a six-hospital network serving patients and their families in Northern New York and Vermont. While we have changed our name, our commitment to the community remains the same.
Our hospitals and physicians are bringing the best of community and academic medicine together as one, sharing their knowledge and resources to give you access to leading-edge technology, advanced treatment options and the highest level of compassionate care. All of this, closer to home.
The University of Vermont Health Network – Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) is part of a six-hospital network serving patients and their families in northern New York and Vermont. We’re not just caregivers and staff – we’re your friends and neighbors, offering expertise and compassionate care as close to home as possible. That’s what we call the heart and science of medicine.
Quick Facts About CVPH
OUR PATIENTS & FAMILIES
- 300 inpatient beds
- All inpatient acute rooms are private
- 34 skilled nursing residents in our Skilled Nursing Facility
- An average of 25 admissions per day
- Approximately 775 outpatients cared for daily
- More than 190 physicians on our Medical Staff
- Approximately 70 advanced practice nurses and physician assistants
- More than 700 registered nurses
- More than 2,200 employees
- More than 300 volunteers
- Residencies and Training Programs include:
In the Community
Hospitals are just one part of the complete health care picture. A truly healthy community has a multitude of entities working together to meet the needs of our customers and build healthier communities.
The University of Vermont Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network is a six-hospital system designed to offer highly integrated health care across the communities of Vermont and northern New York. The six hospitals in the network include The University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, Vermont), Central Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, Vermont), Porter Medical Center (Middlebury, VT), Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (Plattsburgh, New York), Alice Hyde Medical Center (Malone, NY) Elizabethtown Community Hospital (Elizabethtown, New York) and Home Health & Hospice (Colchester, VT).
Adirondack Health Institute
Adirondack Health Institute expands regional collaboration among health care and social service providers serving the Adirondacks. AHI’s goal is to help members and their communities navigate the ever changing health care industry through partnerships and collaboration.
Adirondacks ACO is an accountable care organization working with Medicare to make it easier for doctors and hospitals to work together to keep communities healthier and improve the quality of care. A network of more than 450 participating primary and specialty clinicians coordinate health care for about 30,000 Medicare beneficiaries in Clinton, Franklin, Essex, Hamilton, Warren, Washing and Northern Saratoga counties of New York and Grande Isle and Chittenden counties of Vermont.
Adirondack Medical Home
The Adirondack Region Medical Home Pilot is a collaborative effort by health care providers and public and private insurers to transform the health care delivery system in this rural, upstate New York region. This “medical home” isn’t a place; it’s a model for care that centers on the patient and increases the role of the primary care provider promoting a coordinated, team approach.
Clinton County Health Department
CVPH and the Clinton County Health Department have enjoyed a long partnership and shared responsibility of the health of the community. Together with other agencies and stakeholders, CVPH the Health Department coordinated:
The Community Health Assessment (CHA)
The CHA identifies and prioritizes the health care challenges currently faced by Clinton County residents. The findings in this CHA are from a two year process of collecting and analyzing data and consulting with stakeholders throughout the community and the region. They are intended to help members of the community, especially healthcare providers, work together to provide best practice program and service interventions designed to improve the overall health and well being of all residents of Clinton County.
View Clinton County’s Community Health Assessment 2019-2021
Community Service Plan
The Community Service Plan for Clinton County is a three-year plan identifying health issues facing the community and defining a course of action to utilize existing programs and resources and for creating new initiatives to address them.
View Clinton County’s Community Service Plan 2019-2021.
How to Apply