Collects and processes blood specimens for testing and performs multiple clerical and processing functions.
Certified Phlebotomist, preferred, but not required.
• High school diploma or GED
• May draw and collect blood samples according to policy. Receive, centrifuge, accession, process and transport specimens. Verifies all related records.
• Works pending lists, orders add-on tests, and resolves duplicate orders.
• Sets up instruments. Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
• Performs clerical duties which may include answering phones, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
Complexity of Work:
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
St. Mary’s Healthcare offers a comprehensive array of employee benefits to our associates.
Whether you’re seeking strong teamwork and support, the opportunity to work in your chosen specialty, or respectable wages and benefits at all levels of employment, you have a calling to serve others. Like generations of St. Mary’s staff before you, you believe the essence of medicine is a sacred bond between doctor, caregiver, and patient—and every person in the healthcare setting is a caregiver. It’s about one person caring for another: body, mind, and spirit.
Amsterdam, a longtime milltown on the Mohawk River, is part of New York’s living history. Within an hour of Albany, Schenectady, and Saratoga Springs, this little city with the hometown feel is home to minor-league baseball and a wealth of recreation opportunities. Nearby Gloversville plays host to traveling performers at the region’s oldest theater—and is the gateway to the Adirondack Mountains.