Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
• BLS Provider.
• Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
• High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
• Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
• Hands required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
• Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
• Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
• Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
St. Mary’s Healthcare offers a comprehensive array of employee benefits to our associates.
Whether you’re seeking strong teamwork and support, the opportunity to work in your chosen specialty, or respectable wages and benefits at all levels of employment, you have a calling to serve others. Like generations of St. Mary’s staff before you, you believe the essence of medicine is a sacred bond between doctor, caregiver, and patient—and every person in the healthcare setting is a caregiver. It’s about one person caring for another: body, mind, and spirit.
Amsterdam, a longtime milltown on the Mohawk River, is part of New York’s living history. Within an hour of Albany, Schenectady, and Saratoga Springs, this little city with the hometown feel is home to minor-league baseball and a wealth of recreation opportunities. Nearby Gloversville plays host to traveling performers at the region’s oldest theater—and is the gateway to the Adirondack Mountains.