JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the VP of Healthcare and the Nursing leadership team. This will include but may not be limited to supporting and coordination of nursing home operations, completion of special projects and temporary back-fill duties. The Administrative Assistant works with the Licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Director of Nursing.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide administrative support and coordination for nursing home operations.
• Schedule meetings and coordinate the meeting room calendar for the Church Home on a daily basis.
• Send meeting notices to nursing home staff as needed.
• Attend QI, Safety and Operations meetings to take minutes and maintain all meeting files.
• Maintain administrative and nursing procedures for the nursing home.
• Maintain nursing services policies and procedures for the nursing home.
• Assist in preparing and sending written communications to family members and staff (i.e. prepare labels for monthly family mailings).
• Provide clerical support to the administrator and director of nursing.
• Prepare correspondence, reports, notes, presentation materials as requested, using Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, as appropriate.
• Maintain and organize files and related office manuals.
• Maintain required Department of Health forms such as the FSR, Plan of Correction Template and Tracking sheets and other DOH survey statistics (except Demand Bills) and records of past surveys and inspection reports.
• Prepare and maintain other reports and statistics on a routine basis including: Various Quality Team reports such as hospitalization report, falls report, infection report and results of other audits to be presented to quality team monthly.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent typing and computer/data entry skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office software to include Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in related discipline. High School Diploma/equivalent with 3-5 yrs relevant experience acceptable.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience in healthcare administrative support preferred. Must have secretarial/clerical experience in an office environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged sitting, occasional walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Episcopal SeniorLife Communities (ESLC) is a faith-based, nonprofit organization offering a full continuum of compassionate senior care services and senior living communities in Rochester, NY. We support seniors and their families through life’s transitions, and honor each person’s unique desires, beliefs and values—all so that we can fulfill our promise of “Life. Inspired every day.”
Founded in 1868 on the Christian values of the Episcopal Church, our main location at the Episcopal Church Home has now met the needs of our community with care and compassion for more than 150 years.
We’ve since grown into Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, dedicated to understanding and responding to individual and community needs. Our adult communities range from independent living apartments and patio homes, affordable housing and assisted living, to transitional and rehabilitation care, skilled nursing, specialized memory care and hospice services.
In addition, our unique Neighborhood Programs promote health and wellness to seniors in the surrounding areas of our communities, expanding traditional services and allowing seniors to age in their place of choice. Our vision is to create relationships and communities that inspire active, purposeful and fulfilled lives.