- Greets and assists all incoming visitors, staff and residents in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answers and directs all incoming calls in a professional and friendly manner.
- Use overhead paging system as required.
- Handles inquiries/requests from families, visitors, vendors, community members, etc.
- Monitors for wandering residents and assists as required w/families, residents and staff by providing wander guard elevator code
- Performs weekly check of wandering system function on all elevators and front door; logs results accordingly
- Maintains resident information list including updated floor and room listing (to be used in referring calls and to be used in sorting of mail).
- Is responsible for visitor and resident sign in/out log ; ensures completion when visitors or residents are entering or leaving the facility
- Monitors and logs all visiting pets. Assures up to date vaccinations per regulations and maintains in database
- Assists in training front desk employees.
- Assists Director in arranging front desk coverage as required for call-ins, holidays and vacations.
- Responsible for the postage meter. Also adds postage to all outgoing mail. Report postage meter usage to appropriate departments
- Sorts and distributes resident and staff mail.
- Ensures all deliveries are directed to the appropriate resident or employee.
- Is responsible for performing various office procedures: typing, filing, statistics, ordering supplies with approval of Director.
- Is responsible for selling craft items from cases, raffle tickets, lunch tickets, family meal request forms, stamps and other special event items.
- Collects and logs money in cash box on a daily basis or as needed/required. Maintains cash box. Is responsible for balancing money on each shift
- Notifies Finance Dept. upon request of resident funds
- Accepts donations. Notifies appropriate department of donation. Logs donor info into computer (may be asked to generate a donor acknowledgement letter).
- Logs resident incoming clothing for labeling. Place in closet for laundry staff
- Prepares resident admission inventory form for security officers upon admission. Logs additional resident items brought into facility and assure safety checks.
- Enters maintenance and IT work orders in work order system as requested.
- Assists and maintains employee vehicle log.
- Maintains resident face sheet binder and cardex.
- Mail and log My Innerview surveys to discharged rehab residents.
- Assists with condolence cards for deceased residents.
- Stores keys to Tip Top Shoppe, elevator and various other keys.
- Schedules family and resident events in MS Outlook.
- Assists with release of resident belongings form.
- Handles refunds for money lost in vending machines.
- Logs daily events and givse report to incoming front desk employee before leaving shift.
- Day Shift Receptionist: Checks locked mailbox every morning and distribute contents.
- Reports any concerns/problems to Director in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and proficiency with all emergency responses to include responsibilities during all codes.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 yr of related work experience required.
- Sound computer skills required including but not limited to the ability to create, save, edit, send/forward electronic documents, utilize MS Outlook for email (send/receive) and calendaring, and the ability to navigate well in a MS Windows computer environment.
- Very good typing/keyboarding required (50 accurate WPM)
- Must be familiar with automated equipment (i.e. postage meters).
- Must be familiar with basic clerical office procedures (filing, faxing, copying).
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills are required.
Must be customer service oriented and driven.
- Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing in and around the reception area, and lobby.
- Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
About Episcopal SeniorLife Communities
Episcopal SeniorLife Communities (ESLC) is a faith-based, nonprofit organization offering a full continuum of compassionate senior care services and senior living communities in Rochester, NY. We support seniors and their families through life’s transitions, and honor each person’s unique desires, beliefs and values—all so that we can fulfill our promise of “Life. Inspired every day.”
Founded in 1868 on the Christian values of the Episcopal Church, our main location at the Episcopal Church Home has now met the needs of our community with care and compassion for more than 150 years.
We’ve since grown into Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, dedicated to understanding and responding to individual and community needs. Our adult communities range from independent living apartments and patio homes, affordable housing and assisted living, to transitional and rehabilitation care, skilled nursing, specialized memory care and hospice services.
In addition, our unique Neighborhood Programs promote health and wellness to seniors in the surrounding areas of our communities, expanding traditional services and allowing seniors to age in their place of choice. Our vision is to create relationships and communities that inspire active, purposeful and fulfilled lives.
How to Apply