The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient’s health by completing the nursing process: collaborating with Physicians and multidisciplinary team members: providing support to patient, visitors and families. A Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, promoting and evaluating quality patient care. A Registered Nurse provides teaching to patients, families and the public. A Registered Nurses will follow the mission, vision, I-CARE values, policies and procedures of Mohawk Valley Health System
Bonuses and Benefits
MVHS is offering a sign-on bonus for new and experienced RNs!
*RNs with up to 3 years of relevant experience qualify for a $5,000 sign-on bonus. *
*RNs with 3 or more years of relevant experience qualify for a $10,000 sign-on bonus. *
This bonus will be paid over the course of two years working at MVHS and will scale based on experience and employee status when hired. Submit your application and Join our team of talented nurses as they support healthcare in the Mohawk Valley!
Benefits include: RN preceptor incentive, 401(k) plus match; health, dental, life, and vision insurance; FSA and HSA accounts; paid time off; tuition reimbursement
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Required: Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse
Preferred: Basic Life Support Certification
Required: Graduate of an accredited associate degree
Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program or higher degree
- Identify patient care requirements establishing personal rapport with patients and families and understanding of plan of care throughout the patient’s experience.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Promote patient independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends and family to understand disease process, medications, and self-care skills, and provide time to answer questions.
- Assure quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending adjustments to the patient’s needs.
- The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse’s obligation to provide optimum patient care
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufactures instructions troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs; maintaining equipment, inventories, and evaluating equipment and techniques.
- Protect patients, employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and controlled substance regulations. Utilize universal precautions and practice at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care personnel.
- Document patient care service by charting in patients’ medical records accurately and timely in accordance with licensure, regulatory hospital standards.
- Maintain continuity of care with the nursing team by communicating plan of care and follow through with multidisciplinary team ensuring that patient administration of care for all services provided are organized, planned and delivered.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory checking stock to determine inventory and PAR level; anticipating needs supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies; using equipment to accomplish jobs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, mandatory in-services; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession through contributions to practice, education, administration, and knowledge development.
- Engage in quality improvement initiatives including continuing education, participation in hospital-wide and unit specific teams, identifying nursing practice areas for quality improvement and safe outcomes.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among the healthcare team by communicating information; responding to request; building rapport; participating in team problem solving.
- Provide service excellence to patients and their families/visitors that meets or exceeds patient expectations through offering empathetic and compassionate patient-centered care.
- Professionally manage patient and family/visitor needs and concerns using AIDET and positive service recovery methods.
- Respond to patient requests and makes active referrals to subject matter expert/decision maker who can fulfill the patient request
- Provide culturally sensitive care
401 (k) plus match; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; FSA & HSA accounts; paid time off; tuition reimbursement
About Mohawk Valley Health System
Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare (FSLH) and St. Elizabeth Medical Center (SEMC) affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014. MVHS is governed by a single, 18-member board of directors, with nine members from FSLH’s board and nine from SEMC’s board. The system is operated by a single management team.
MVHS serves the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and is an integrated delivery system with 4,200 full-time equivalent employees and a combined operating budget of $610 millio
The MVHS Medical Group has 17 primary care locations, a Children’s Health Center, a Women’s Health Center, general, orthopedic and neurological surgeons and a Breast Care Center to serve our community’s healthcare needs.
Both hospitals accept all major insurances and have designated charity care programs to help provide for individuals without insurance.
The affiliation helps to enhance services for the residents of the Mohawk Valley through greater collaboration and improved clinical quality for patient and resident care. As a large system, MVHS has much to offer when recruiting new physicians.
In the Community
St. Luke’s Campus
1656 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY
St. Luke’s Campus has 370 acute care beds and 202 long-term care beds in the Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- Bariatric Surgery Program
- Maternal Child Services
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Surgical and Ambulatory Services
- Total Joint Orthopedic Program
Center for Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Services
1650 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY 13502
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Outpatient Dialysis Center
- MVHS Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Senior Network Health
- Visiting Nurse Association of Utica and Oneida County
1676 Sunset Avenue, Utica, NY
- Cancer Center
- Dialysis Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Medical Imaging
- Diabetes Education Program
St. Elizabeth Campus
2209 Genesee Street, Utica, NY
The St. Elizabeth Campus has 201 acute care beds
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Area Trauma Center
- Fellowship in Gynecologic Endoscopy
- Fellowship in Hospital Medicine
- Marian Medical Professional Building
- Cardiac Services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- St. Elizabeth College of Nursing
- St. Elizabeth Family Medicine Residency Program
SEMC is a Catholic hospital and is affiliated with the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities and the Syracuse Dioceses.
SEMC also includes the Sister Rose Vincent Family Medicine Center which provides patient care services for the whole family and is also a teaching facility for new physicians.
Medical Arts Campus
4401 Middle Settlement Road, New Hartford, NY
- Advanced Wound Care
- Pre-Admission Testing
- MVHS Surgical and Vascular Surgery Groups
- Outpatient Laboratory Draw Site
How to Apply