- Supervises, evaluates, motivates and develops professional and paraprofessional employees.
- Follows accepted standards of clinical practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to provide oversight and guidance to the healthcare team to efficiently and effectively manage the assigned patient population.
- Contributes to business growth by presenting information, education and support to external customers as requested.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed to practice as an RN in the state in which employed. License is active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least two (2) years of experience as a home care RN and at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver’s license, in accordance with office policy.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance in accordance with office policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient/client.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient/client.
- Able to perform CPR.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software as applicable.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on office’s needs and scheduling.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist patients/clients with standing and walking.
- Able to lift, reposition, and transfer patients/clients.
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations..
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Work is normally performed in a variety of settings including the office, patient’s/client’s home, schools or occupational settings.
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to assignment.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials, and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
- Able to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as needed.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
About Interim HealthCare
As a licensed homecare agency in New York, we employ a variety of caregivers who can assist with a number of services meant to provide comfort, safety, and peace of mind. Homecare Services can be short term, ongoing, visit based or all day, every day.
Our Registered Nursing staff oversees both our client population and employee staff. Our employees are experienced, thoroughly screened, background checked, drug screened, bonded and insured. We partner with other community based service providers to provide comprehensive home care services. Please contact us with any questions you may have about home care in Albany and the surrounding area.
In the Community
From offices located in Albany and in Glens Falls in upstate NY, Interim HealthCare of the New York Captial Region provides a wide variety of skilled home health, medical staffing and non-medical home care services throughout the following counties…
Additional Company Information
We have a 24 hour on call client service and RN staff to handle questions and issues as they arise. Our RN routinely communicates with physicians and family members to keep current with the client’s status and changing needs. Employees are experienced, fingerprinted as part of a comprehensive background check, and bonded.
How to Apply