Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
Basic Life Support ( BLS)
• Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
• Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
• Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
• Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
• Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
• Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, and patient data/history).
• Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
• Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
St. Mary’s Healthcare offers a comprehensive array of employee benefits to our associates.
Whether you’re seeking strong teamwork and support, the opportunity to work in your chosen specialty, or respectable wages and benefits at all levels of employment, you have a calling to serve others. Like generations of St. Mary’s staff before you, you believe the essence of medicine is a sacred bond between doctor, caregiver, and patient—and every person in the healthcare setting is a caregiver. It’s about one person caring for another: body, mind, and spirit.
Amsterdam, a longtime milltown on the Mohawk River, is part of New York’s living history. Within an hour of Albany, Schenectady, and Saratoga Springs, this little city with the hometown feel is home to minor-league baseball and a wealth of recreation opportunities. Nearby Gloversville plays host to traveling performers at the region’s oldest theater—and is the gateway to the Adirondack Mountains.